Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Free Cereal Coupon

I have a really hard time eating breakfast. I don't like eating a big meal right when I wake up; my body just doesn't like that. My husband is the complete opposite, he would have a huge breakfast every morning with pancakes, bacon, eggs, hash browns.... the whole thing.

Since I don't really like breakfast, I've always just eaten some toast and fruit or something small but my hubby has suffered. I felt bad buying him the real sugary cereal, but he doesn't really like the healthy stuff. So I was very excited when I heard that General Mills would be reducing sugar and making their cereals healthier.

This week General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain.

Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in childrens' diets.

Other cereal benefits:
  • Ready-to-eat cereals, including pre-sweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in childrens' diets.

  • Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.

  • More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
One thing I like to do is give Addie a bowl of dry sugar cereal when she wants a treat. She loves the taste and she feels like she is getting a candy or a cookie. I love that it still has some fiber, vitamins and other nutrients.

Now for the deals:

You can get a coupon for $1 off a box of General Mills Cereal by clicking Here.

This information, coupon and my free cereal coupons was all provided by General Mills and MyBlogSparks. For more information about MyBlogSpark click Here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails